THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED.
Public Relations & Communications Coordinator [LAHORE].
Position open to females only.
Public relations (PR) is about managing reputation. This career field aims to gain understanding and support for clients as well as to influence opinion and behavior.
PR officers use all forms of media and communication to build, maintain and manage the reputation of their clients. These range from public bodies or services to businesses and voluntary organizations. They communicate key messages, often using third party endorsements, to defined target audiences in order to establish and maintain goodwill and understanding between an organization and its public.
PR officers monitor publicity and conduct research to find out the concerns and expectations of an organization’s stakeholders. They then report and explain the findings to its management.
As a PR coordinator at PMI, you are to work in-house.
Tasks will involve:
- managing the needs of a variety of clients from initial brief through to successful implementation of PR and social media campaigns and projects.
- planning, developing and implementing PR strategies & campaigns, and media plans;
- conceive creative, commercial and appropriate PR and social media solutions to meet client objectives.;
- liaising with and answering enquiries from clients, media, individuals and other organizations, often via telephone and email;
- work across the entire portfolio of clients as and when required.researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media / writing & producing presentations;
- providing clients with information about new promotional opportunities and current PR campaigns progress
- collating and analyzing media coverage;
- liaising with clients, managerial and journalistic staff about budgets, timescales and objectives
- writing and editing in-house magazines, case studies, speeches, articles and annual reports;
- preparing and supervising the production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films, information for web sites, promotional videos and multimedia programmes;
- devising and coordinating photo opportunities;
- organizing events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours;
- maintaining and updating information on the organization’s website;
- sourcing and managing speaking and sponsorship opportunities;
- commissioning market research;
- fostering community relations through events such as open days and through involvement in community initiatives;
- Maintaining Archives: As a part of the responsibilities of a PRO, he/she has to maintain an event-wise docket of all the press coverage in both print and electronic media. Also, maintenance of proper documentation and archives is expected from him/her.
- speaking publicly at interviews, press conferences and presentations
- contribute to the business development activity of the consultancy, including helping develop PR and social media proposals for new business pitches.
- maintain the highest standards of client service.
- manage profitability on client accounts.
- managing the PR aspect of a potential crisis situation.
Qualifications and training required
A degree in any subject is acceptable, although English, management, business or media studies, marketing or behavioral sciences is preferred. A PR postgraduate qualification will be helpful, as will work experience gained within the PR, marketing, fundraising, events promotion, or journalism trades.
Key skills for public relations officers
- excellent communication skills both orally and in writing
- excellent inter-personal skills
- good IT skillspresentation skills
- ability to prioritize and plan effectively
- awareness of different media agendas
- PKR 40,000/- per month – basic salary
- PKR 2,000/- per month – mobile allowance
- PKR 3,000/- per month – fuel allowance
TOTAL = PKR 45,000 [take home] per month
Terms & Conditions
- There will be a 3 month probationary period, after which there will be a review / appraisal by PMI management, on the basis of which a permanent position can be offered.
- A contract & Confidentiality Agreement will have to be signed and entered into.
- Once permanent, the employee will be eligible for a raise every year, based on performance. The employee will also be eligible for a yearly bonus, based on performance, given at the discretion of the agency.
- Office hours will be 10am to 6pm from Mondays to Fridays. Lunch break will be from 1pm to 2:30pm from Mondays to Thursdays, and from 1pm to 3pm on Fridays.
- The employee has room to be maximum 20 minutes late no more than thrice a month, after which a PKR 100 fine per day, will be induced from the fourth time onwards.
- The employee is required to have their own conveyance and cell phone + connection.
- A two month notice is required if the employee decides on resigning.
- A one month notice is required if PMI decides on terminating the contract with the employee – a severance package in this case will be offered to the employee along with a recommendation depending on performance.
- On the complete discretion of the agency, the employee is eligible for a yearly increment and bonus based on performance.
- Leaves can only be availed by the employee as per the annual leave schedule presented to them. In addition to this, sick leaves are permitted, but a doctor’s report must be submitted to the PMI management for approval.
- Travel within Pakistan & abroad is possible under this position.
- At times the employee will be required to be present at events/activities after work hours, on an official basis.
APPLY AT: firstname.lastname@example.org with position being applied for mentioned in Subject area.